Weak water pressure or lack of water supply is not a reason to refuse the benefits of automatic washing. A washing machine with a water tank does not require a standard connection to a water supply system, while coping with all the functions is no worse than the usual units.
Features and principle of operation
Autonomous modification of the washing machine has some design differences from stationary machines:
- storage tank for water;
- a pressure supercharger for supplying water to the drum;
- sensors for monitoring the presence of water in the tank.
In full-size machines, the tank is attached to the side wall of the body, in narrow versions - to the back. Before washing, it is necessary to fill the container with water manually or using a pump, if this option is provided in the model. The machine takes water from the tank, as if from a plumbing system. The rest of the process takes place in the usual way - laundry and powder are loaded, a mode is selected, a cycle is started.
Independent models have retained all the basic functionality of washing machines:
- a set of programs and modes;
- automatic determination of water flow depending on the contamination of things and drum loading;
- leakage protection;
- delayed start function and more.
It is not so easy to modify a stationary car into an autonomous one by attaching a tank, despite the seeming simplicity of the principle of the device. Such alteration requires significant structural changes in important components.
Advantages and disadvantages
A washing machine with a water tank is an invaluable development for residents of rural areas and summer residents, in whose houses there is no water supply or a constantly weak pressure does not allow you to use the usual automatic machine.
The main advantages of washing machines with a tank:
- full-fledged work without joining a centralized water supply network;
- economical water consumption - a tank volume of 100 l is enough for 2 washing cycles;
- there is no need for sewage - the waste water can be drained into an additional tank and released after the washing process;
- the ability to connect to the water supply, if it eventually appears in the house (but you can’t remove the tank in order to free up the area, the connection is through it).
Users note some disadvantages of the equipment:
- design dimensions - a place is needed to accommodate not only the machine, but also the water tank and the drain tank;
- some models are not equipped with a pump for pumping water, the tank is filled manually;
- higher noise level during operation compared to conventional machines;
- the narrow neck of the tank makes it difficult to wash the walls inside;
- higher cost (from 20,000 rubles).
Damage to the machine due to lack or insufficient amount of water during washing is not considered a warranty case. If the equipment is not equipped with an appropriate sensor, it is necessary to monitor the water level in the tank.
Overview of manufacturers and models
In the Russian market, washing machines with a tank are offered by the Gorenje brand (Slovenia) - you can choose from several models of the same manufacturer.
|Model||Consumption per cycle, l||Maximum drum rotation speed, rpm||Maximum load, kg||Other characteristics|
|W72ZX1 / R||56||600||7||Budget sector, without display, supports all major washing modes|
|W72ZXY||56||800||7||Budget model, equipped with a larger tank|
|WA60Z085R||45||1000||6||Has 15 washing modes|
|W72ZY2 / R + PS PL95||54||800||7||Has a special drum design, 18 programs are provided|
|W72ZY2 / R||54||800||7||The machine automatically selects the washing parameters, if necessary, uses additional rinse cycles, the number of programs is 18|
|W72ZX1 / R + PS PL95||56||600||7||Budget model without drying and delayed start timer|
Goreniya washing machines have proven themselves among users as high-quality, efficient and reliable appliances. In models with an accumulative capacity of this brand, the main technical solutions for automatic machines, patented by the company, are implemented:
- the crests of the drum capture water from the bottom, providing a higher quality of washing;
- Intelligent UseLogic technology selects optimal water flow;
- the balancing system contributes to an even distribution of laundry in the drum - with imbalance, the engine moves in the opposite direction until optimal filling of the drum is achieved;
- NickelHeater heater has a long service life due to the ability to accumulate scale on a nickel surface much more slowly.
Criterias of choice
When choosing a specific suburban model, you should pay attention to the following characteristics:
- dimensions - full-size and narrow models are produced;
- drum loading volume - according to your needs;
- tank capacity and the corresponding number of washes;
- the presence of a filling valve - the part serves to prevent overflow of water when filling the tank;
- tank material - plastic options are lighter, stainless steel - reliable and durable;
- in case of poor water quality, it is necessary to choose a model with an integrated filter.
How to connect?
Connecting the washing machine to the tank can be done independently, following the attached instructions:
- replace the transport screws on the back of the machine with clamps;
- connect the connecting tube mounted on the tank with the inlet pipe of the machine;
- attach the tank to the unit body;
- if the model is equipped with a pump, install the part on the tank vertically; Attach the inlet hose to it with one end, the other - to the water supply source;
- fix the drain hose on the outside of the housing, connect to the outlet pipe; withdraw into a pit on the street or into a waste water tank;
- adjust the position of the body, twisting the legs and checking the level;
- connect the equipment to the mains;
- start a test wash cycle without laundry - check for leaks and leaks.
A washing machine with an accumulative external water tank allows you to get the proper level of comfort without the need for hand washing, even in areas with a complete lack of water supply. Residents of the upper floors of apartment buildings, constantly faced with low water pressure, are also increasingly choosing this modification.